Thursday, September 16, 2010

I would never betray Caesar

As JVs, we've come to love the simple things in life -- such as Little Caesar and his freakin' delicious cheap pizza.


It's true, Little Caesars knows what's up. They've got a brilliant business plan and they're making a killing off our business alone.

Now hear me out. 

Everybody knows that JVs are poor. We don't make a lot of money and all of us work hard at jobs that are both emotionally and physically draining. And still, at the end of the day, we have to cook. We come home and slave away over a stove (okay, so maybe only ONCE a week do we have to do this by ourselves. But everybody in the house does have to cook on a weekly basis). But for anybody who knows me, cooking is no easy task and one that puts the entire house at danger-- although I will admit I made a kickass fried rice dish last night. Nonetheless, it is nice to go to some outside place that is NOT our kitchen and, understandably, our very limited budget doesn't allow that to happen very often. Unless... that place is Little Caesars.

We've come to know and love the little tyrant. His palace is just down the street from ours and he requests our presence every Friday.

In other words, by Friday, we want a freakin' break, man!

Caesar is one hell of a ruler, I'll tell yah. He's convenient, located right across the intersection where we get off the bus in the afternoon. And he's a cheap date. $5. That's all it takes. We've actually calculated an estimated $50 savings per week for our house, if we chose to each Little Caesar's pizza every night of the week -- if we so choose.

Just $5 and we've got ourselves one large cheese, albeit probably slightly old, pizza. 10 bucks and we've got ourselves a pizza combo -- cheese AND pepperoni. But that's when we really feel like going wild and splurging (don't even get me started on when we get REALLY crazy and decide to buy a 2-liter of Coke at the dollar store...).

Caesar is a friend we've come to know and love. We have even made the conscious choice to leave a professional baseball game early, just to ensure that we would have enough time to make it to Caesar's adobe before he himself shut his doors for the night. 

We've come to greatly appreciate our LCFs -- our Little Caesar Fridays. So much so that at the encouraging of one of Casa Truth's housemates, I've decided to write a little Ode to Caesar. 

**Disclaimer: I make no claims at being any sort of acceptable poet. Read ahead at your own risk. It's freaking hard to find words that rhyme with "Caesar" and "pizza", okay?!**

****

Oh, Caesar, you're my kind of a guy
You come fully loaded, with an entire pizza pie.
Although, I will admit,
It is your price that I most adore
At 5 bucks a pop, I'd gladly have so' more.

You're a cheap, sleazy date
And your sauce is a little plain.
Your cheese is cooked too long,
But you won't hear me complain.

You only speak two words,
but it's just what I need to hear.
My heart gets a fluster,
Every time you come near.

You call "Pizza! Pizza"
And you know it turns me on.
You're so cute in your little orange frock,
Just as sexy in your shiny golden thongs.

I love you more than Romeo loved Juliet.
It's a love they cannot tame.
Pass me the Crazy Bread,
And I too will go insane.

Until pizza Friday, I'll count down the day.
For when the clock chimes 5:00, I'll surely be on my way.
Unlike your scamming senators, Caesar,
You, I would never betray.


Becky spots the promised land


1 comment:

  1. I too Love LCF's and this is rediculous....Can't wait to see your face :)

    ReplyDelete