Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's the small things

I have only 4 things to report.

1. Somehow, I managed to get a line of bug bites up the inside of my left leg. I got them Sunday night and they seemed like normal run-of-the-mill mosquito bites (in AZ? who knew?). Monday they were fine. Still normal, albet annoying.

Tuesday they swelled up into the size of welts.

A photo illustration which I've included below... cuz you know you have nothing better to do than look at them.





Pretty gnarly, no? That one right above my knee was torturous.

I was starting to get worried because my housemate Becky was talking about how Arizona apparently has this specific type of spider that will bite you, but the poison takes 2 days to kick into gear. And when it does, it burns off your skin. Now, this sounds like a far-fetched story... but we have children at Vista Colina who have actually been bitten by this spider and have needed to go to the hospital for treatment. Additionally, Vista Colina is having an issue with bed bugs. I didn't want to have anything to do with either creepy crawler, particularly when it has to do with my skin and the potential to burn off.

The good news: the swelling has down a lot today and the bug bites are back to normal-ish size.

2. I'm a little late to the band wagon, but Arrested Development is fantastic. I'm watching a couple of episodes every night before I hit the hay. I'm blaming Casa Bart for getting me hooked, but I'm glad they did. No touching!

3. I am exceptionally tired, beyond the point of exhaustion. What's that called? Yeah, whatever it is. I'm there.

4. I got my first real page over the walkie talkies yesterday. Yes, there is a difference between a real page and a fake one. First of all, just to clarify, a page over the walkie talkie is when the front desk at Sunnyslope Family Center calls over the walkie talkie to let CASS know that we have a client so that we can come let them in through the locked doors to the wait area. For the past week, I've only heard, "Stephanie (or Mike), you have a client." Now, on Friday. There was the first, "Brittany, you have a client." I was over-the-moon excited. Turns out, it was a page for the other Brittany -- the one who comes in once a week to do counseling sessions with some of the clients. Total let down.

But like I said, I got my first real page yesterday. It was, in fact, actually clients who came in with the sole purpose of seeing me. Yes, that is completely narcissistic, and yes... I loved every second of it. :)

Oh yeah, and my phone has my name on it now. NBD. Narcissism score: 2.

1 comment:

  1. Wowzers... well, to really avoid the blood suckers and flesh eaters, make sure you avoid the Scottsdale Fashion Mall.

    ReplyDelete